EASY TO MAKE
- 300g Self raising flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar, plus ½ cup to coat
- 80ml (1/3 cup vegetable oil)
- 1 large egg
- 175ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp of one of our delicious YVH Fruit Jams of your choice, this time we’re going with traditional Strawberry Jam
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C, and lightly grease 6 hole muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, caster sugar, and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Add this to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Using a spoon, place a spoonful of mixture to each muffin hole and make a small well in the centre of each one. Fill each well with ½ tsp of your selected fruit jam, then cover the jam with the remaining donut mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Melt butter in a separate bowl. Once the muffins have cooled slightly, brush each one with butter and roll in the sugar mix.