EASY TO MAKE
MAKES 24 SQUARES
- Cooking Spray
- 5 cups of rolled oats
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of our gourmet YVH Apple Sauce
- 2 large eggs
- ½ maple syrup
- 1 medium apple
Preheat oven to 180 C, and lightly spray medium sized baking pan
- In a blender, place 1 cup of oats and process until becomes a fine powder.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir to combine powder and remaining oats with the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the applesauce, eggs, and maple syrup. Add the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine the batter
- Place mixture into baking pan and spread evenly using the back of your mixing spoon. Sprinkle chopped apple pieces over the top, lightly pressing them into the batter. Here you could get creative and add a number of your favourite toppings, such as chopped pecans or shaved coconut.
- Bake until golden brown. This should be around 20 mins, insert a toothpick into the centre and make sure it comes out clean just to be sure.